Saturday, October 25, 2008

We've Have Been Busy Papa G!

i just spoke to my father-in-law and he said you must be pretty busy, cause he hasn't seen a new post in a while so...yes, we have been busy and even more busyness is more to come this week! but in the midst of it all we have managed to have fun and laugh and love, just check out these tongues!
this past sunday was the last of our AIM series for kidz life, it was awesome. i really love every second that God allows me to rock out with, laugh with, dance with, worship with, listen to, engage, pray with these awesome kids! i am so thankful and honored to do what God has called me to do, it's amazing. so since this was the last week of AIM we had to prepare, reorganize, and redecorate for our new series which is I AM (odd...AIM then I AM...) i really am so excited for tomorrow, the kids are going to love it! we didn't think we had the time and energy to pull off something this huge so soon after AIM. we decided to do I AM, we were going to keep it simple and easy. well, if you know shelley or me you know that is not possible. we started planning and executing 12:30pm tuesday and ended 12:30am. not only do we have every element to capture each child's attention but we have a new wall mural, new "make a wave" action cards, name tags, costumes, trivia, new songs (just picture this it was 11:30 at night denise weston was painting beautiful wall mural and shelley and i were picking out the songs that we would sing with this series, most people would probably look at the titles or at the most listen a few songs to sample, well that's not the case with shelley and i we were singing at the top of our lungs and doing the motions, jumping up and down, denise must have thought we were crazy, we're just passionate, that's my excuse anyway). this is an AIM picture, i'll post a picture of I AM soon.


right after our AIM finally we had a kidz life worker meeting, it had to be set up in minutes while workers gathered outside. we had a great meeting, just a regroup, another time to share why we do what we do. God has done so many amazing things in the last couple months it is exciting to be able to share that with our awesome kidz life workers. we couldn't do what we do without everyone doing their very important jobs! thank you, thank you!


we went to my moms this week and annabelle found a caterpillar. she sat outside in the cold fall weather holding her precious caterpillar watching the chickens. she could do this for hours. i made roasted red pepper soup and fresh homemade salsa with my mom, yummy! thanks mom, sorry i was kinda grouchy.



today, we went to the zoo, i know we go a lot, but we love it! we went with our best friends cathy and lloyd, and ashley and connor (jesse was at work, sorry daddy). we had a good time, the weather was perfect. they had a special halloween scavenger hunt all through out the zoo! great times.


so that's what we've been up to, actually just half of it, but i kinda bored myself so i'll spare you the details...HA!




3 comments:

Becky said...

HEY! I miss you too. Funny, I was thinking about you a TON this week...must've been God nudging me to PRAY for you and Shelly and ALL you accomplished. WOW! Sooo...this was my first weekend off in over a year. I GET TO GO TO CHURCH TODAY! WHOO HOO! See ya there girl! I had my run last weekend...and spent the week nursing a foot energy...hopefully I'll be at the gym next week! We'll see.....
Peace out homeskillet!

Melissa Roskam said...

Kelly!! It's Melissa Roskam. Just checked out your blog from the link on RaChelle's. Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how big they are. I read your post about your craft warehouse incident. I have so been there! Good times being a mom of two toddlers. Your ministry at Real Life sounds amazing. Keep up the good work. Love ya
Bliss

brittany said...

Lily and Stella think the colored tongues are so funny, they ask to see them over and over. The decorations look amazing! way to go.