Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Kaden is Coming!


my cousin bree is having a precious boy named kaden and we are so excited to meet him. my mom and i put together a baby shower for bree and it was a blast from start to finish.
(right to left, my cousin kira (bree's sister), me, bree, my cousin chelsea, and kira's friend liz)
this, of course, is my mom and i taking a self-portrait, we had so much fun putting this shower together, while jesse and rick were on the hike, we had a slumber party at my mom's with me and the kids. my mom and i stayed up till after midnight figuring out all the details! this might not mean much to most of you, but if you know my mom this was an amazing feat. she goes to bed no later than 9pm every night. but now she knows if you stay up a little later, that's when all the creative juices start flowing. we had all these ideas, we moved her furniture all around, we made pom-poms (we had to put a stool on the counter, scary), we made a kaden banner with matching, burp clothes and a bib, it was so fun! thank you mom so much for doing this with me. i couldn't have done it without you!




a few kids were coming to the shower and we had to have a little spot for them to eat. isn't this so cute?



this looks like a cute little vinyet but its more than that...it was part of a game, i gave them 15 sec. to look at it then i covered it up and had them try and write down the 9 things that were on the ladder. it was fun. the little highchair that is in front had a little box on it, i had each person that came write a little note to kaden, hopes, dreams, prayers for him, something that she could save for him forever!

we had cupcakes for desert. i had asked my cousin what kind of treats she loved. at first she said that she likes whatever we make for her...then i said 'you have to tell me something. i want to make sure this is your party, with stuff you love.' finally with much prodding she told me rice krispies. what??? we can't have rice krispie treats at a shower! how funny! i think she was kinda kidding, but she said rice krispie treats so she was getting rice krispie treats! i just made one just for her in the shape of a cupcake with frosting and all. it was so funny and cute! she had no idea that it was a rice krispie treat it was great!





we made this banner, it was so fun and it turned out so cute! it become the inspiration for the whole party!

bree, i love you! it was an honor to throw this shower for you! you are so special to me and i am so excited to see kaden in your arms! you know i am always, always, always, unconditionally, here for you! (i will forever-be master txter, so don't even try to compete)


Love you!







2 comments:

brittany said...

Judging by the number of exclamation points in the post, it sounds like an awesome!!! PARTY!!!
Way to go sister!!!!!

Love, Ryan

PS. Tell Jesse to do a post on his hike.

Laurie said...

The shower was so much fun! You and Debbie did a great job. Thanks for everything! Chelsea loved it too! I just e-mailed her all of the pictures of you and her (some of them I couldn't post...)

I love you,
Laurie