Thursday, October 9, 2008

No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service

i thought it would be a great idea to go to craft warehouse really quick with my kids, boy was i wrong! i needed to cut out a few things using their die cuts (im making invitations for a kidz life event). after a short while, annabelle told me that she had to go potty, so then i told her just wait one second while i finished the few leaves that i was cutting out. then sawyer says he had to go potty (by-the-way he never tells me this) so we stop what we're doing and run to the bathroom, annabelle yells, as we're running "i smell sawyers poop!" and yep, she was right, he pooped, so much fun! so i clean him all up, big huge job, and i just put his pants back on with no undies. annabelle went potty, and we were on our little way. i thought let's just finish cutting out the little leaves, i just wanted to get it done, then sawyer says, "ut-oh, mommy." i know what that means. well, needless to say he wasn't done pooping! and this time he had no undies on. i scooped him up and yet again we went running to the bathroom with annabelle running behind me pushing the cart, it must have been a funny sight. anyway, i don't know what this boy ate cause it was like pitch, i could not wipe this boy for nothing! so i had to put him in the sink and use the hand soap the wash him up. how disgusting, sorry all you craft warehouse shoppers! fortunately i had an extra pair of undies with me, so all he wore out was his shirt, and underwear, no pants, no socks, no shoes! i didn't finish cutting out the leaves, maybe i'll wait until jesse gets home and go alone!

so this brings me to the question...what do you do with a boy that won't poop in the toilet (he just waits too long)? he's been potty training for maybe a month and a half but has only pooped in the toilet a few times. it's making me bonkers!


8 comments:

brittany said...

i am cracking up laughing, but honestly that sounds terrible and i'm sorry you had to go through that. annabelle must have some serious skills to push the cart while running, my kids would have been knocking stuff down all over the place! glad you made it out alive and i think going by yourself sounds like a good idea :)

Laurie said...

I am so sorry for your troubles I'll call the waambulance right away! What a great story! My advice from a mom who's been there;
maybe wait a little longer for the potty training. Ronda gave me that advice and I waited until the week before Blake's 3rd birthday. He trained in about a day and it was pretty smooth sailing. Good luck in whatever you decide!!!

Becky said...

Oh kelly! I could totally picture the entire thing in my head. I'm sure it was NOT funny at the time. But, you sure tell a funny story. I have a potty training book. I SWEAR by it. It's supposed to be training in a day. It took elijah about three days, and he was Sawyer's age...Amelia was about four days. I'll have to find it. It is from the 70's and it's totally old-school. But, it worked.

Briana said...

I'm the wrong one to ask about potty training because my boys were WAY too easy. To answer your other question (Re: TX) - we had a good friend in Seattle that did his med school in TX. He suggestion Jason apply, and we couldn't turn down their offer of in state tuition at UTMB. So we did 4 yrs. med school and then found our current home in Central, TX where Jason is doing his residency in Radiology. We're in our first year of 5 (sigh...). Did you know Jason - we all graduated together?

Christie said...

Love the hilarious story! Oh my goodness.......how many times have I been there? Somehow it's not so funny at the time.....more like extremely maddening.........funny a lot later!

You are such a good mom.......one of my girls had poopy accidents for a few months and the other one got it right away.......who knows?

christyephillips said...

hi kelly, you look great! It is so good to hear from you, and see your adorable family! I love the story, been there, so not fun! My son, would have been talking so loud the whole store would know what was going on! As far as pooping on the potty, I think it's normal (from what I hear), just give him some time. (easier said than done when you're wiping up all the poop.

littlebyrd said...

Oh no! This is why I joke that I am so happy Oliver STILL won't try to go potty in anything but his diapers :) Ha Ha. He told me he loved his diapers and would always wear them...even when he is as big as Daddy. I obviosuly have no advice. Hope you are well - missing you!

Sparrow said...

I think this is HILARIOUS! Thanks for a good laugh! I'm with Laurie... just wait a little longer. I'll have to tell you my similar episode with Zeb, at Olive Garden!

Natalie