Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What's Fall Without Soup?




it it is officially fall! it already feels and smells different outside, i love it! so i decided to make some soup that i had at my moms house a few weeks ago. she said that she was eating at a Vietnamese restaurant when they served her this soup. she picked out all the different ingredients and made up this little recipe! who does this kinda stuff?!? (i wish i did) this is so easy, it only has 6 ingredients! i like to use a roasted chicken from the grocery store and chop it all up and left over rice from the night before, it simple and so delicious! my 4 and 2 year old loved it. i had to take a picture of my trader joe's bag. i got this fancy bag at this wonderful little show at barnhouse more about this later...


all you need is some:
cooked brown rice
2 containers of chicken stock
chopped chicken about two cups
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 a bunch of cilantro
and red pepper flakes to taste






2 comments:

Sparrow said...

you are such a good mom! your kids are adorable little chefs! I really wanna try that recipe. looks good! ya, seriously! who does that? sit there and pick out all the ingredients to make it up at home!
I had a BLAST Saturday with you and everyone at Barn House! I miss it already!

Take care!
Natalie

littlebyrd said...

This sounds so good! Don't you love the roasted chicken from the stores? - It makes things like this so easy. Can you email me your address? I have something to send to you. Also, when you email me will you give me your mom's email? I have a story for her she is just going to love! littlebyrdortmund@hotmail.com.