Friday, September 26, 2008

Let's Go to the Zoo!

all pooped out after a great day at the zoo!






i needed some alone time with my kids today! i wanted them just to myself! so we packed up and headed to the zoo, one of our favorite places to go! it kinda started a little rocky cause when we got out of the car, i popped the trunk and no stroller! i left the stroller in jesse's car, which i never do and of course when i need it the most, it's not there! the kids and i had a little talk...they agreed to follow mommy's directions and we were in business! they were great! sawyer who will never hold my hand, held my hand almost the entire time and annabelle stayed with me and we made it the whole day without a stroller, who would have thought that could even be possible! i just love being able to enjoy them and be focused just on them and the funny, amazingly smart, things that they say and do. it was awesome! i think being without a stroller today and today only made it a better experience for all of us! we had a great trip and so much fun, but i am bringing the stroller with me next time, at the end i tried to carry both kids up the last hill to the car and it was crazy, their little legs were so tired, we even ended up riding in the cart that takes up handicapped and elderly, i guess the guy felt sorry for me.





3 comments:

littlebyrd said...

Hi! I can tell how much you love your kids when I read your posts - it is so sweet. I took Oliver to the Zoo on Wednesday. He was actually kind of a little stinker but we still had a good time :)
Did you get my earlier message to send me your address? It is in the comment section on the post about Sawyer sleeping in his big boy bed. Hope you guys have a great weekend!

brittany said...

sounds like a fun day, you are a brave mom to take them by yourself and with no stroller!! I'm glad they were so good for you. Love Annabelle's shirt!

Briana said...

Kelly Birnel!! How the heck are you! This is Briana Abrahamsen. I found your blog from Eryn Washington's. Your kids are just adorable! I'll have to go back and catch up when I have a chance. We have a blog, too, if you want to check it out.