Sunday, February 20, 2011

thrift finds


i love to shop for all sorts of things. i would do it as a job if i could. i especially love shopping for things i could actually have. i found these great finds this week. my ideas for these treasures are unending.
this giant antique mirror weighs at least 50lbs, so hanging it will be interesting. i keep dreaming about painting it a lacquered black or even some crazy mustard yellow color or do i leave it this cool old gold...hmmm.

the globe is going in sawyer's room. he has wanted a 'real' globe for a while and this one is cool and unique looking.

the round shade in most likely going in annabelle's room. i'm going to get a light kit from ikea and hang it in there. speaking of annabelle's room, that is going to be my project for the week. pictures to come.

the green lamp is for me. my room. love it.

the white empty frame will be transformed. that is being finished this week too. lots to do.

and lastly the small gold mirror will be used hopefully in my room for a small collage of cool mirrors.



2 comments:

brittany said...

awesome finds! we have a little globe collection going ourselves. i love the navy ones.

RaChelle and Paul said...

These make me happy as well - really like the green lamp. I will have to come sit in your bedroom and admire it. Yum. XOXO.