Monday, December 1, 2008

Ms. Debbie!!!


do you shop at 164th fred meyer? those of us who shop here frequently, know and can hear ms. debbie laughing clapping and playing with the kids. she works in the play place and she is amazing! everytime we go to fred meyer (which is way too often) my kids beg me to let them play at the place play. if i'm not in a hurry i'll take a look and see if ms. debbie is working. i only let them go in if she is there. she gives each child one on one attention, she gets on the floor, she comes up with new inventive games, she does a great job in there. i went to f.m. today, there was a waiting list to get into the play place but we waited, the kids were so excited. by the time the kids names were called to head in, my shopping was done. oh well, i thought, i'll just hang out and let them play for a while. they had a blast, and i sat at the cafe, quietly, calmly, peacefully, as i sipped a grande, non fat, chi tea latte it was the best. i could here the squeals and laughs of my kids as i sat and smiled. when i picked them up debbie told me that her last day is dec. 10! i don't know the details, but it is not her choice! i told her that i wanted to write a letter or talk to someone. she gave me the name of the store director, greg gauett. so i wrote him a letter and if she has enhanced your shopping experience in any way i would hope you would do the same. you may also post comment here, and i can pass off your comments to him as well.


3 comments:

brittany said...

oh that is terrible news. my kids love her and have loved her since before we moved to bend (well lily anyway) i sent an email to my sister about it, i will be so sad if she leaves.

Becky said...

That just breaks my heart. My kids adore her too and LOVE when she is there...not to be mean, but the other main gal is really grumpy! :(
How sad! I wonder what happened.

Tremaine Family said...

Hey Kelly, This story was just wonderful, I am sorry to hear she is leaving, I never put Anthony in one of those, always scared. It would have been fun to put Andrew in one. Maybe she could open her own daycare or something. Maybe it is because of the economy or something. Hey why are you not a follower of my blog yet!!! Do you have an email? Email me tnttremaine@gmail.com or come to facebook! I am trying to plan something and I want to invite you and Shawna does she have an email too?